November 22, 2009

PRO – MAC – 8 values of creativity

We had the chance to have a class with an ex-creative in advertising agencies, who became an even-more-creative with his new business IQudo (IQ – you – do?) in Germany. Since I like to share simple theories, I can’t resist telling you about what Robert Gerlach presents as the 8 values of creativity.

1. Talent:
Skills, development, competition and synergy
2. Autonomy:Freedom, trust, responsibility
3. Recognition: Appreciation, incentives, respect
4. Identification: Security, loyalty, purpose, affiliation
5. Fun: Enthusiasm, challenge, play
6. Tolerance: Openness, understanding, diversity
7. Environment: Equipment, technology, interior design, fitness and relaxation
8. Transparency: Communication clarity and speed

Do you find this in your life and job? I am lucky to say that I have most of them. Or at least that I aspire to these values.

And by the way, to my (ex)bosses at Egzakt, two thumbs up. It looks like you based the company culture on those values. Not bad for an advertising agency… Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment